Thursday, April 21, 2011

Capture the Everyday: One Way I'm Kind to Mother Earth


Capture the Everyday from Adventuroo


Capture the Everyday is something I'm starting today that I found on another blog I follow, The B Keeps Us Honest and found that it is hosted by Melissa at Adventuroo. Cute blogs! Every Thursday a new challenge is featured for you to find and photograph something that is part of your day-to-day life. Since Earth Day is tomorrow, it's spotlight time to see what we all do to care for our beautiful Earth.

One thing I do on a daily basis is drink water from my trusty Tervis cups. My work is also very eco friendly and gave everyone their own TeleVox insulated, sweat-proof glasses for getting filtered water from the water cooler. This is great and keeps everyone from purchasing bottles of water. More than 60 million water bottles in the U.S. end up in landfills every day! I myself rarely buy bottled water, but instead I fill up my Nalgene bottle with cold, filtered water from the fridge.


Cheers!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

5 comments:

Melissa {adventuroo} said...

Good one! I'm also a fan of good ole tap water! I rarely buy a bottle of water and it makes me all stabby when I see people buying cases and cases of water! Thanks for linking up!

Erin {Shortcut to Bliss} said...

I work at a "green" hair school. They bought us all stainless steel water bottles. They just installed a hydration station. It is this crazy sensor based water distribution system that filters and cools the water.

LucidLotus said...

How great to work for an eco friendly company! It totally drives me crazy when people drink water at home - this isn't a third world country people, drink the water! Plus, most of that water is just municipal tap water from some other county.

Charisse said...

I love my insulated sweat-proof cups. They are pretty awesome. And also...Nalgene water bottles? Yeah, they rock my socks!!! We have 5 of them that we take on our hiking trips. When we are not hiking...like right now because the stinkin' ground is still frozen!!!

Alissa said...

Hooray for an office that is helping people reduce their impact on the earth. Yay!