Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tour of my Tree









I love Christmas. Everything about it! The smells, decorations, shopping and getting to bring a tree into your living room to hang out for a month or so. Every year my favorite part about Christmas is getting my tree.
 
However, my MOST favorite part is getting out my box of ornaments to hang on said tree.
 
 

Unwrapping each ornament is like unwrapping a present. You have no idea which one you are opening. I like to take a moment when I open each one to think about the memories from when I purchased it. I buy a new ornament every time I go on vacation. I will nearly miss the boat because I'm still shopping for one. Once I had to end up buying a keychain to convert to an ornament because there was no time left to find one.

I like to keep the 'filler' ornaments on my tree to a minimum. If I only had my special ones hanging my tree would be pretty naked.

These are some of my most special ornaments hanging on my tree:
 
 
 
From Chelsea Market (home of Food Network Studios) in NYC
 
 
My first visit to St. Thomas in 2012
 
 
My first visit to the Cayman Islands, 2010
 
 
This is a friendship dove from the movie Home Alone. I gave the other one to my DEAR friend Stephanie. (Just FYI, there is a big difference in a dear friend and a dead friend. I'm very glad Stephanie is not dead, as I originally mentioned in this post. Major typo right there. She is very much alive!)
 
 
I've been to Atlantis in Nassau twice, and both times we were so rushed to get back to the ground transportation to return the ship. I missed out on my ornament twice! Thankfully Stephanie went back and snatched this guy (and three others) up for me.
 
 
Michael's first cruise, and my first visit to Jamaica; January 2013
 

I love pickles. Like the commercial for Pier 1, 'find what speaks to you.' Well, this guy in there spoke to me.
 
 
Boston trip for the Francis/Darcus wedding, November 2011. Enjoyed ourselves at the Sam Adams Brewery.
 
 
Self explanatory.
 
 
McGuire's, Pensacola.
 
 
New York City trip so long ago. 2006 maybe?
 

I am remaining a W last namer, but this guy has represented the Wilkins/Williams household for a few years. Next year it will just be Williams :)
 
 
Second visit to Grand Cayman.
 
 
I have one of each of these ships; the Oasis and the Allure of the Seas. Just like the ships, these ornaments are huge...and require a very sturdy branch to hang from.
 
 
This was my favorite ornament growing up. My mom gave him to me a few years ago to enjoy from my tree.
 

 
St. Maarten


 
Cozumel


 
Costa Maya, Mexico



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love the tree and ornaments! Just one note...I'm not dead. :)

Jenny Williams said...

I about choked on my iced coffee when I went back and read that! I have made that much-needed edit. Literal laugh out loud right there!