Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

The last weekend before Christmas was definitely a busy one filled with lots of joy.
 
On Friday some of our 'crew' of friends journeyed up to Birmingham to catch Moon Taxi. Moon Taxi is one of those bands that probably appears to anyone. We have 40-somethings in our crew who love them, and a five-year-old who sees these guys (Trevor especially) as I did with NKOTB when I was eight.
 
 It was a fan'flippin'tastic show!
 

After the show these clowns and myself journeyed around Birmingham. One of the places we stopped by had a photobooth. You know the kind in the mall made for two people? Well, try five. $3 of Ashley's money well spent thanks to the laughs this experience brought on.
 
Michael. Rhonda. Chris. Ashley. Me.


 
::Insert typical photobooth comment here::

 
The next day we headed the one of my favorite restaurants - The Cheesecake Factory. The only thing missing was my 'dear' friend Stephanie. I think I ate enough for her.
 
The shepher's pie was amazing.


 
As was the vanilla bean cheesecake.

 
 
After we ate more than we should have I ran in a favorite store or two there at The Summit. Friends who I knew were ready to get home and long lines were my saving grace against spending money that I didn't need to on things I didn't need.  If a certain Stephanie were there with me, I'm sure I wouldn't have left Anthroplogie empty-handed.
 
Once we got home Saturday we had about an hour to get ready to head to the Saenger for the Charlie Brown Jazz Christmas. We had a very merry time, as always.
 
 
Sunday was nice to have an open agenda. Christmas shopping - check. Grocery shopping - check. Rain - double check.
 
I had almost forgot to make some of my Christmas goodies. This year was vanilla bean infused sugar. After slicing open and scraping out the beans from two pods, I was covered in little black, amazing smelling specks. Fragrance companies can try to replicate the smell of vanilla, but nothing compares to the real thing.



My cinnamon toast this morning was excellent!

No comments: