Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bound for glory

Boy how time sure does fly right on by when you're havin' fun!

This past weekend Michael's parents came down from Dothan to spend the long holiday weekend with us. Michael cooked up some great food, including yummy spareribs and chicken in his new electric smoker. We definitely didn't go hungry over the weekend. Sadly, a lack of photos.

Sunday once I peeled myself off the couch from watching the Casey Anthony trial we had a group of friends come over and we had a crawfish boil. It was finger lickin' good! I'm not a HUGE fan of those little guys, I'll eat a few, but the corn, potatoes and carrots that were boiled in the seasoned water suite my appetite just right.

Someone else who is not on team crawfish is my sweet goddaughter, Ari. This is my dear friend Rachel's 3-year-old daughter. We are so glad to have the Hendersons living so close to us. I love my visits from Ari!


You better bet Penny and Holly were wanting in on some crawfish action. Food stalkers, I tell ya. They did not learn this from their mommy.



After the fellas stuffed their bellies with crawfish, they decided to hold an impromptu game of disc golf in our backyard. Mr. Dennis, Michael's dad, threw his first disc ever from our patio all the way to that basket at the bottom of our yard and got an ACE! We were all blown away! Michael better watch out.


Miss Ari was proud of my home-grown tomatoes! She said they were pretty :) Isn't she just as cute as she can be?

 Deuce! This is Star and Jeremy's son dog, and Penny and Holly's best friend.

I was so glad some of our great frineds were able to make it out at the last minute to enjoy some time outside over the weekend. It is so nice to be surrounded by such great family and friends. Rachel and I go way back to 8th grade. She is also Ari's mommy.

Starlyn and I are still only mommies to our dear canine friends. Our dogs are our children. I'm so glad she and I are on the same page. You would think we birthed these dogs ourselves!


We did not get any fireworks ourselves, but did get to enjoy them from our backyard thank to some neighbors. We played around with the Nikon for a while, acutally using the manual settings, to see what we could capture. Most of the time it was a totally black picture, however, we managed to get one or two. Haha!


Hopefully everyone had a great holiday weekend with their family and friends celebrating our country's 235th birthday; one nation under God.

No comments: