Friday, July 29, 2011

Juicin'

Yep, that is what is going on in the Wilkins/Williams household.

Last night Michael and I were watching a documentary called "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead" about a guy named Joe who gave up all food except juiced fruits and veggies to better his life and lose weight. He lost a ton of weight and overcame some medical issues during his 60 day stint of a juice-only diet.


At this point I'm laying on the couch half asleep, it's 9:45 p.m., and Michael wants to go to Walmart to get a juicer. I laughed, then got dressed to go with him. He picked up the handy dandy GE Juicer. It works great! First we tried a recipe the guy promoted in the documentary. It has kale, celery, cucumber, ginger root, granny smith apples and lemon. It was, interesting, to say the least. Not good, not bad. I'll try it again.

The kale went first, and boy was it stinky. I was scared at this point. If you know me, you know I am p.i.c.k.y.








After that first concoction it was time to try something fruity and a bit more appealing to my taste buds. I juiced some red grapes, a peach, apple, kiwis and oranges. It was delicious. I can see drinking that for breakfast. I do not have the willpower to give up all foods and only drink juice - no way!


The fruit juice


We'll see where this goes...

No comments: