Monday, September 12, 2011

Another guardian angel


My sweet Aunt Kay is now in heaven with the Lord. After an 11-month battle with cancer, she is now home with our Savior.

This weekend was one of the hardest weekends in my life. The pain I felt for my cousins, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents and all of my Aunt Kay’s friends and family left my heart so heavy. I pray for everyone’s peace during this time and know that as we are followers of God, we will see her again. I tried not to think about this as ‘goodbye,’ but more of a ‘see you later.’ I tried not to mourn the fact that I will not see her again, but celebrate her wonderful life she had and know that she feels no more pain. She is in the best place she can be right now. As the pastor said during the morning service, “she’s eating breakfast with the Lord right now, then she will eat lunch, and dinner with the Lord as well.” How lucky is she?

My Aunt Kay with my cousin (one of her daughters) Natalie.


We will miss her deeply until it is our time to join her.

No comments: