Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hello Goodbye

"I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello."

On Monday I did the unthinkable. I said goodbye to my beloved XC90.


 
I knew "Betty" was going to be upset. Then I knew she was really upset when they parked my new Accord right next to her. It made the transition easy, but actually seeing my old car sitting next to my brand new car was pretty sad. I couldn't help but shed a few tears.


The XC90 is still my favorite car I have had. But WHY did she have to be such a gold digger?  Instead of  preparing to invest MORE money into her, it was time to say goodbye. I opted to go back to Honda. Yes, it's my fourth Honda and third Accord. I really didn't know what I wanted to get, and I'm pretty partial to Honda for some reason anyways. 

Not the greatest pictures from my phone.


I tell you what, it's weird going from a SUV to a car again. I have to actually watch out for curbs now, and be careful not to pull up too close in parking spots. The bonus, I don't have to get premium gas anymore! Goodbye bad gas mileage and super pricy gas, hello good fuel economy and sparce gas station visits.



It's good to be back on team Honda. Let my OCD kick in now with having my first brand new car. I know I will die at the first spot or scuff, but I keep reminding myself - it's just a car and it WILL get a dent.

No comments: