Monday, September 26, 2011

Pinterest

Have you heard of Pinterest?

If not, welcome to your new favorite website. Thanks Suzanne for the new obsession!

This website has really made idea saving more easy. Before, I was saving images from online in various folders on my computer for future reference and safe keeping. If you know me, I am a planner! I plan for everything. I have folders for wedding inspiration, baby room inspiration (never too soon to start planning, right?) DIY project ideas and décor inspiration. Before I would Google search my ideas or simply save the picture after stumbling across it on the Internet.

I love this!


But now my friends, it’s all saved on Pinterest and I get to share my “pins” with my friends as well. It’s also fun to look at what other people have “pinned.”


Searching ‘fall décor’ was dangerous, very dangerous. At this rate I’m going to be changing out the filler in my hurricane vases every day because there are so many easy ideas for filling these things. I mean, I fill them with fresh cranberries for the holidays, but would have never thought to fill them with candy corn for Halloween. I’m not too much on actual Halloween decorations – I like to stick with pumpkins and more fall-related stuff – but will definitely be buying some candy corn very soon!


I have held back from searching for Christmas stuff at this time. I would obsess over it and have the house full of all-things-Christmas the day after Halloween. I did get my Christmas tree last year the DAY they were available at Home Depot (I spy HD right outside of my work window) and unfortunately the tree was a little dry and turning brown come Christmas day (yes, I kept it watered). This made me a bit paranoid about having the lights turned on because I am horribly afraid of a fire. I just can’t bring myself to buy an artificial tree.

Ok, see, I start thinking about Christmas and get overtaken. I hope you will check it out - you won't be sorry. Put on your craft hat, head to Michael's and grab your glue gun people!

No comments: