Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Long weekend

It was a nice, long, three-day weekend for Michael and I. Man, was it hard to go back today, especially knowing half of Mobile doesn't work on Mardi Gras Day. Not that I would have gone to the parade today or anything, shoot...I didn't even manage to make it to a parade this year. Three Mardi Gras balls in a week wore me out!

We took off yesterday since we knew after Sunday's le Krewe de Bienville ball we would be so exhausted. It's also nice to have a day home from work every one and a while where you aren't sick and don't have anything planned. The only thing on my agenda for Monday was dropping Holly off at the vet, then picking her up as soon as I could. She is back to her normal Holly holister self today!

We did manage to finally get the backsplash. It's a tumbled travertine and I love how it gives the kitchen a whole new look and feel. We will finish up tomorrow night - I always loving checking projects off the list. We just painted our master bath about two weekends ago. It was the last white room left in the house. Maybe I can talk Michael into painting the kitchen, dining room and living room soon. The terra cotta kitchen and breakfast nook, and baby food peas living room is just a bit too much for me. Every other room in the house that we painted is a nice light color, but there are these 'original' rooms that just scream paint when I look at them. It didn't bother me at first, but after staring at them for almost a year (on March 19th), it's starting to wear on me. Must...paint...soon!


This is the new backslash so far. We will have to add the grout.


Saturday I also got to visit my super sweet goddaughter, Ari, for her third birthday party. I can't believe she is three! It was the cutest princess themed party. I can't wait to do fun things like birthday parties for my future kiddos.



Thanks Emily for the super smily face I'm wearing here. I guess kids aren't the only ones the "say cheeseburger" trick works on.

We were so eager for the vet to call on Monday to let us know Holly was out of surgery, we decided to put the basketball goal in front of our house to good use, for the second time.

Thriller hands
And he shoots

While we were shooting hoops, this huge plane kept flying around by our house. We live pretty close to the airport so it's typical, but this guy was flying low.



I love my 50-200mm lens!

I was going back inside to put my camera up and get back to baskets when Ceecee and I had an impromptu photo shoot in the front yard. I'm surprised my dogs and cats don't go running when they see the camera come out.





No comments: