Thursday, March 17, 2011

I blew out my flip flop


If you know me, you probably know my Rainbows and me are bonded together as one. After four years it may be time to lay my first pair to rest. Well, not to rest for good, I will still wear them around the house and wear them for gardening, but their days in the public eye are about over.

I'm just having a hard time going and buying a new pair. Is that weird? Maybe to some I guess. I'm going on a cruise in a week and guess I need to talk myself into the purchase so I can start wearing them in. These flops accompany me everywhere! I don't care if I'm wearing all black, the brown Rainbows will be there.

Funny story on the Oasis cruise last summer. The Rainbows went to all three destinations with me. Low and behold I forgot what happens when you mix wet saltwater feet with brown leather flops. The bottom of my feet were stained brown the whole trip! I tried cleaning them with everything I had and no luck, they were BROWN. I thought who cares, no one will be looking at the bottom of my feet. Well, I was laying out by the pool on the ship's deck full of people and realized ALL of those people could see the bottom of my feet. I'm sure they were a little curious. I was mortified, and got a good laugh. I wanted to go get a pedicure on the ship just to see if I would get rejected. Fun times!

Maybe tomorrow I can talk myself into going to Sandollar and get a new pair!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments: