Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Super savings

Do you like to save money? I know I do! I love saving a buck or two where I can, especially when it comes to food and fun. During the Super Bowl I saw the commercial for Living Social and have been hooked ever since. This is a national site with 50% off deals based on your area. There's also an app for your phone! If you are in Mobile, you have probably heard if the new yogurt place called Chill. This place is heaven and I can thank my friend Suzanne for introducing me to this new addiction place. Well, when I saw that LS had a $10 gift certificate for Chill for only $5 - I jumped on it. I was feeling like a tightwad with my money that day (cruise coming up in 23 days, so I'm saving where I can), but now I'm totally kicking myself for not maxing out on that deal. Last week Michael and I scooped up $10 gift certificates to Tropical Smoothie for $5 each. We both bought 3! I mean, $60 worth of food/smoothies for $30 between the both of us for six trips there - crazy!

Now, now...I can't leave out Groupon. They run the same way that Living Social does, and also have an app. I have only been Grouponing for about a week now and haven't bought anything yet. Michael got the $50 gift certificate for Mikato last week for $25. Be sure to read the fine print, people! The Mikato deal, we found after the purchase, is only good for the Gulf Shores location, not Mobile. Luckily we know we will be heading there for the Hangout Festival in May, and will enjoy some delish food at Mikato while we're there.

I'm also getting back to couponing. A few months ago couponing engulfed my life. Being a new homeowner, I wanted to save any way that I could, especially on household essentials. Some coupons make stuff free! Time is money, it sure is. I have listed out some of my favorite couponing sites below. Target is my favorite place to grocery shop, and also have some great coupon deals. If you visit their website look at the bottom, there is a link for coupons, printable coupons. The way the Target couponing policy works is you can combine one Target coupon with one manufacturer's coupon. Not all of the coupons on Target's website are Target coupons - you don't know until you print it. Stacking coupons can lead to some great deals, and free stuff, at Target! The websites below are great for giving you the coupon recipes you need for some steals.

Money Saving Madness

Who Said Nothing in Life is Free?

I Heart Publix

Totally Target

No comments: