Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cruise in retrospect - one year later

Wow, I can't believe a year ago today this was the view I had for a whole week.

On August 7th, 2010 I embarked on my first cruise with my best friend Stephanie, her mom Darlene and step dad Marty. We had an AMAZING time on board the Oasis of the Seas.


Cruises are awesome! I think it's the best way to take a vacation. You don't have to cook, clean, iron, work, or make the bed. The only time the alarm clock is set is for a fun excursion of the last day of the adventure. Oh, how nice!


Also, spending so much time with Stephanie is wonderful. She lives in Williamson, GA (close to Atlanta) a whopping five hours from Mobile. We make the most out of our visits. I'm so glad she introduced me to cruising! Since this cruise last year, we went on the Navigator of the Seas back in March. I think I need at least one cruise per year in my life.


Aside from going to Labadee, Haiti; Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico...we had a ton of fun on the ship. Marty and I took our chances up against the FlowRider. It was there on the ship. It was free. Why not?


Ouch!


I got the hang of it as well. They compare it to surfing. I have surfed out in the Atlantic Ocean and it was WAY easier than the FlowRider. August 10th this year will mark one year since I broke my coccyx (tailbone) on the FlowRider. Still waiting for that to be 100 percent better.


With water rushing at you at however many miles per hour (a lot), I couldn't take any chances of rinsing my brain with that much water shooting at me. Nose plugged - check!


Crash and burn


I had better luck on land with Freida, the Albino Burmese Python in Costa Maya, Mexico


They are so sweet!


We loved our wait staff, but Mesut was hilarious. He waited on the table next to ours, but we kept stealing him away. "Two sour dough for me, please."


The Quest = hilarious! Adult game show on the ship. My split demanded a replay on the big screen.



Dinner fun!


Another thing I miss about cruises are the towel animals. I need to learn how to make these!


Until next time!

No comments: