Monday, August 29, 2011

Random before the real


I’m a bit behind on blogging. I have so much to write about and decided instead of one huge post, I would break it up. I still haven’t posted about my best friend Jacky’s awesome birthday shindig either. That is to come along with our super fun beach weekend down in Gulf Shores this past weekend.

Today is Monday, nothing fancy. I get to work and my friend Suzanne steps over with her hands behind her back and said she saw something at Fresh Market and thought about me. Then she whips out these!



In case you haven’t read some of my past posts about Chill, the best yogurt place in the world, I love to put chocolate covered sunflower seeds on my yogurt. It’s one of their toppings and is absolutely wonderful. Suzanne remembered I said I had not been able to find these in-store. So today I got to sit at my desk and enjoy my Monday to the tune of my tasty chocolate covered sunflower seeds.

Then, I get home from work and from visiting my parents for a bit and this is what I find from my sweet boyfriend on the kitchen table.




The artificial flowers I keep in there regularly were removed and replaced with these. See, I’m not a “OMGosh I need flowers” kind of girl, and he’s not an “OMGosh I have to give flowers” kind of guy, so when something random like this does happen it means all that much more to me. I love my Michael!

It’s moments like this that really hit me and make me realize how lucky I am to have the fantastic friends and great boyfriend I do have. Cherish every day because you never know what comes next.

3 comments:

Why Rome? said...

So sweet! What a fun day! :-)

Suzanne said...

The best gift is surprising someone with something they want, need or did not know they want or needed.

Meg said...

Awww how cute! Miss you guys!